Join us in approximately 30 minutes for the reveal of Stongholds! Ask your questions! https://t.co/wIOIdTGtd2
The stream started with an overview of the new Stronghold system explaining what it was all about. Some of the key points were..
- Locations of Strongholds fixed
- 100+ Fixed Stronghold locations across Z3
- Team to review footfall of each Stronghold pad to determine its usefulness.
- Fire will affect certain structures differently
- Demoing will result in a % of Materials being returned to you
- Other materials coming later, wood only in initial test release
- Items can be picked up if misplaced, simply pick up, try again
- Health bars on base objects will only show when you are looking at them
- Object limit on base pads to avoid performance issues
- Base tiers will have different resistants based on their type
- Shacks will be removed from the game
- Planned UI redesign in the future
- When demolishing items you will receive materials in return
- Traps are being re-hauled
- Shacks Gone, to replaced with loot stashes and better ways to defend lock boxes whilst you save up currency to buy a Stronghold plot.
Raid Attack Cycle
Something else the team touched upon briefly was the introduction of an in game currency, heres a summary of what was mentioned...
- Raid time is fixed based on the size of the base being attached
- Once raid has engaged, timer is activated
- Time expired, poison gas released that affects attackers only
- If still present on base after attack ejection is enforced
- Base changes state and goes into a shielded mode
- Whilst in shielded mode, structure and fortification rebuild automatically
Something else the team touched upon briefly was the introduction of an in game currency, heres a summary of what was announced...
- Not linked to real money
- Stronghold locations will be bought with in game currency, this currency cannot be bought with real life money.
- You can trade loot for currency
- Items being reclassified and everything being allocated a value
Finally, we managed to capture a single screenshot of the new map. Sure another livestream in the future will go over it in more detail.
Watch the Livestream Here on Twitch
Join the Discussion On Reddit