Client Version 0.108.2.63026, Steam Content 804467
This is a bit of a catch-all patch, in addition to the new features to you might want to validate your Steam Game Cache files in your Steam Library (if you haven't done it for a while). There are bound to be problems with some of the new features and buildings, so please chime in with anything that's .. unexpected.
New Stuff/Key Changes
- The Item Exchange
- The ATV first pass tuning - You have been warned - have fun - You will probably die - often
- Ghillie Suits will appear in airdrops that have hunting rifles in them
- Armor now works by blocking a portion of damage that would have been done. This absorbed damage is applied directly to the durability of the item. When the durability becomes 0 the item will break and be removed visually and from the equip slot.
- Motorcycle helmets offer protection for the head and face. They will block about 50% of gunfire damage to the head or face. They will break after a shot or two.
- Tactical helmets offer protection for the head only. They will block about 95% of gunfire damage done to the head. They will break after a shot or two.
- Chest armor offers protection to the torso. They will block about 95% of gunfire damage done to the torso. More shots to break the armor is required the better the chest armor is. From worst to best is Wood, Plated, and Kevlar.
- Hunting rifles are now in more of the Battle Royale airdrop crates.
- Adjusted basic movement code for zombies for better movement and avoidance of each other
- Shotguns have been tuned to be better used as a close range weapon. The cone of fire for pellet shots has been slightly reduced. Shots do not travel as far as they used to, and will do no damage after about 15-20 meters.
Some of the NPC movement enhancements:
- NPCs attack while moving
- Eliminated several âstuck statesâ, which would cause NPCs to become non-responsive.
- Perpetually stuck NPCs trigger their own deaths after 1-2 minutes (we expect some videos).
- Improved ground detection for the procedural spawner system.
- Deer / Zombies on rooftops should be more rare.
- Fixed empty foundation despawning to take expansions and socketed stairs into account.
- Reworked several shooting, running, and reloading animations.
- Adjusted melee to prevent character "lifting" when crouched
- Adjusted in one-handed actions for smoother transitions
- Updated the blended skeletons and animations for smoother transitions.
- Adjusted sound markup for better sync with actions.
- Icons in descriptions are larger and easier to see (and should have better contrast)
- Impact FX will better match the material types of objects hit.
- Added a water-splash effect for characters when standing still in water.
- Fixed the 3rd person camera arm so itâs not blocked by arrows or spears
- Shred timers are adjusted (insta-shred should be fixed for all)
- Enabled door damage for guessing wrong password on PvE servers.